- Attendance was 25 brave members even with unpredictable winter weather. We were a small, fun group, but certainly missed those of you that couldn’t be there.
- We were so happy that Stacie from Troll Brothers made the trip from Vancouver Island and brought her excellent selection of modern fabrics to give us lots of ways to buy our own Valentine’s gifts! She said we did well with our shoppingJ
- We now own two sturdy Show & Tell step ladders. Nurse Christine warns us to be careful using them, she is going to be watching out for our safety!
- The exec decided to abandon the individual information forms for show & tell items, rather we will have a Show & Tell sign in sheet at the membership table each month. When posting photos, makers will be tagged and questions regarding pattern sources & inspiration can be directed to the maker.
- The exec has worked hard to come up with a Mission & Values statement that was sent out via our February email. You can also find it on our Facebook page listed under “Files”. Members are encouraged to read it over and give us your feedback before March 14th by talking to Marilyn or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After hearing some hesitation from members about sharing their quilts at show & tell for fear that they are not modern enough and would be subject to criticism, the Missions & Values statement is our attempt to assure the members of the guild that we “enthusiastically welcome quilters at all stages of expertise, recognizing and respecting a continuum of modern style development”.
- “Modern quilting embraces a “no rules” concept. Well, except for ONE rule: BE NICE!” Our goal is to inspire each other, not to criticize.
- Our programs & workshops & challenges, etc. will all be chosen to inspire a modern aesthetic
- We want to celebrate guild members finishes. To do that you are invited to bring your finishes to show & tell or post them on facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #FVMQGcelebratemyfinish
- The LOVE block lotto block collection was postponed to the March guild meeting.
- The Nametag challenge draw took place but if you missed it, we look forward to seeing your new nametag at the March meeting!
- Next Coffee Klatch is Saturday, March 2. Watch Facebook for more details coming from Tracy Barra-Navratil.
- Next Sew In is Saturday, March 16 at UFV. Check Facebook under “Events” for more details or contact Colleen Bell.
Provided by President, Marilyn I.
Members in attendance: 44 Two new members joined tonight. Our meeting started with a welcome from our president, Marilyn. It was Marilyn’s hop that tonight when we leave the meeting that we leave inspired by something we saw or felt tonight. We are focusing on more fun and less business at our meetings so watch […]
Read more →
The July Meeting was our annual potluck dinner at Fraser Valley Heritage Park in Mission. We had a quick business meeting while we ate and then lots of socializing and show and tell. Modern Quilt Guild Charity Challenge Update – Laraine We washed the quilt with no problems and it has been delivered to the […]
Read more →