Upcoming events with the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild!
FV-VMQG January Sew-in
We’re meeting up with members of the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild for a day of fun and sewing!
Where: City Centre Library, 10350 University Dr, Surrey, BC
For an example of the block, check out this link.
If you’d like to play along, bring 6 strips ofÂ modernÂ fabric, cut to 2.5″ x 16″. the strips can all be different, we’ll be swapping strips before we start sewing!
- 3 hours free parking, pay parking, or move to the mall after that
- Bring a lunch (there’s a fridge to store it), or go offsite to pick one up (tons of places around)
- Bring a treat to share if you’d like
- Bring a door prize if you’d like
- There will be limited irons, so if you’re doing a project that needs a lot of ironing, you might want to bring a mini iron, if you have a kickass iron that you’d be willing to bring, please e-mail Amy
- Travel swap exchange items Â are due and will be swapped!
- There will be several large cutting mats, but you are welcome to bring a smaller one as well
- Wear your nametag!
Pick Up Sticks Workshop with Paul, of Paul’s Block Party
Click the link here & scroll to the bottom of the page to see an example of the fun quilt we’ll be makingÂ
First come first served, spots are now open to friends and other guild members. You are welcome to sign up a non-guild/non-member friend if you are signing up. Your spot is confirmed upon payment and will not be held without payment, is not refundable, but is transferrable.
Mark your calendars!
NEW DATE! February Meeting/Sew In of the FVMQG
Since our regular meeting date falls onÂ Valentine’s Day, we are bumping our meeting toSaturday February 23, and having a sew-in day! More info will be sent with the regular agenda the week of the meeting/sew in.
Hope to see you there!