- It was another fun evening. Attendance was 43. No guests, no new members and no snow. Just us. But we currently have 68 members so we were missing those of you that couldn’t be there. Almost exactly 2/3 of our membership was there.
is fun to see all the cute nametags. If
you have trouble remembering to wear yours, you are welcome to leave it at the
membership table at the end of the meeting and then pick it up when you arrive
had a great Show & Tell. The line up was long and we had to keep bringing
out more chairs to display all the quilts and quilted projects on! There were lots
of great quilts with inspiring and interesting stories. Check out the pictures on Facebook.
- At the break, 27 of us signed up for our 10th Anniversary Retreat. If you want to get on the list for this Epic Event, contact Kate D. with a $40 deposit. Dates are October 2-4, 2020. For details, check our Facebook page under “Files” or the Guild webpage.
the break, we took in three demos.
Courtney gave us some helpful tips on sewing machine trouble shooting,
Stacey showed us 3D piecing and Jean took us through the steps of making a
perfect pinwheel block. Thank you
Courtney, Stacey & Jean!
- I forgot to remind people last night that our March Sew In is Saturday, March 16! Check Facebook under “Events” for more details or contact Colleen B.
many fun Door Prizes! Seemed like almost
everyone that came got one!
- There was a squeal from Laura May (S.) when the number on her ticket was announced as the winner of the Block Lotto. She went home with 9 Love Blocks! Looking forward to seeing what she makes with them.
- Joan Z. won $34 from the 50-50 draw and was calculating that it would get her at least 2 meters of nice quilting fabric!
- There are a few spots left in the Piecing Curves Workshop by Jean Jones coming up on May 11 at UFV. Cost is $40. Contact Joan Z. asap if you are interested. She will be opening it up to other guilds soon.
have 27 signed up for the “Make A Mini Make A Friend” Swap with the Vancouver
Modern Quilt Guild. But it’s not too
late to sign up. It would be good to
have more participating because they are a big guild and will likely have quite
a few signing up. This is a great opportunity to stretch yourself and possibly
try a new technique? Make anything with
a Log Cabin Block theme, use only solid colours, 16”x16” finished with binding
or facing edge. Sign up by March 24 by contacting Marilyn I or Karla H. We will give you your match by the first week
in April and swap will be in June. It’s
not a competition, anyone can participate, it’s going to be fun! Let us know if you have any questions.
making blocks for Community Quilts, but May is the last month to hand them
in. After that, Joanne & Kathryn
will work at assembling the blocks and finishing what has been started in
preparation to handing over the responsibility of Community Quilts to new
volunteers in September.
not too early to think about what job you would like in the guild starting next
September. Getting involved is the best
way to get the most out of the guild.
Maybe this is the year you can take a turn.
only complaint is that the meeting nights go by too quickly! I look forward to not being president so that
I can do more visiting and not be busy with other stuff.
you at the April Coffee Klatch on April 6th. More details will be posted before then but
the quilt shop we are going to is The Stitchery Studio in Port Moody. Watch Facebook for posts from Tracy N.
- Next Guild meeting is April 11, 2019. FVMQG is awesome.