2018 & 2019 Meeting Dates:
Location: Parish of St. Matthew, 2010 Guilford Drive, Abbotsford, BC
- Thursday, December 13, 2018, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, January 10, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, March 14, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, April 11, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, May 9, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, June 13, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, July 11, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, August 8, 2019, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Location: University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)
- Saturday, November 17, 2018, 9:00 am, Room A259
- Saturday, December 15, 2018, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm – Room A254 (Note: This is a room change from our usual location)
2018 Coffee Katches:
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 – 10:00 am – We will meet in Coquitlam to have breakfast at IKEA. Then we will head across the freeway to visit Fabricana, and then travel to the Needle & I. Look to Facebook for messages regarding those interesting in carpooling.
Speed Date with Improv with Krista Hennebury
Saturday, November 24, 2018, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: UFV, Room TBD
Think of this class as speed dating with improvisational piecing techniques that include curves and free-cutting without rulers. It will be fast-paced and a lot of fun: several techniques are introduced and demonstrated one after the other with very little time to second guess, stress or obsess over perfection. Every student will end up with a unique, original improv sampler quilt! The focus here is to explore line, shape and happenstance in abstract design, so keep things simply graphic by using solid-coloured fabrics in black, white and one pop of colour. In the afternoon, we’ll work together on the design wall to jigsaw the improv elements together, seeking balance and creative design opportunities. Some pre-cutting is required.
Maximum students are 20. Pay for parking. Bring your own lunch.
Room number to be confirmed. We already have 10 members signed up. Cost is $60 for members & $65 for non-members.